Saturday 5 February 2011

FIRST FEW STEPS TO A GREATER MILE 1


Umm how do i start... well i went out to shoot yesterday and hell yea i had big fun. My mission for this SF(street fashion) project is to spot and approach to the people with (creative)sense of fashion and style and capture them to show the mass love for fashion by the current generation to the public through my photography.

The only place to start this project was to head myself to the regular hangout place for fashionistas which is @ Oxford Circus, well i am no fashionista much but i am eager to learn as much as possible.

Well i spotted a lot of people indeed but only had strength to ask very few people, and also with the big crowd at oxford street i guess i have to admit i was nervous :S But i had to start and so i grabbed all my strength. 


JOE

Joe is wearing
Coat - Burberry
Jumper - H&M
Jeans - Topshop
Shoes - Vintage shoes
Bag - Vintage


BEN R-TIZT FRANCIS

I couldn't take details of what Ben was wearing but i did grab his business card.
I found him while he was doing his show of beat boxing @ Oxford Circus
I felt bad for him cause he was asked to move out by some local authority but i saw him again
@ Carnaby
This guy is really creative, he is worth a support :)
You can follow him on twitter : @rtizt
Here's a clip of him preforming:

Untitled from Karuna Gurung on Vimeo.


JACOPO SARNO

I SPOTTED A CELEBRITY!!!
Well Jacopo is a celebrity in italy.
He is a singer and an actor.
You can check him on wikipedia (to make sure)
How lucky, huh??!!
Check him:

STEFANO SIGNORONI

ANOTHER CELEBRITY!!
This guy here is Stefano Signoroni
He is a friend of Jacopo and he himself is a singer and musician too in taly .
He was all suited up for his upcoming music video.

Then, I also met two italian girls who were both with Jacopo and Steffano for their music video shoot.
I couldn't get their name though, it was too complicated to remember.

ITALIAN GIRL 1

ITALIAN GIRL 2

JHANE

Jhane is a friend of my friend.
This is my second time meeting her and she was still as friendly as the first time i met her.
She was interested in getting few shots done so i took advantage by calling her for street shots.

BENJAMIN

Benjamin is also a friend of mine. 
I quite liked what he was wearing so despite his shyness i forced him for this shot while we were waiting for our friends :)


So, the end is here for this post... Be updated, i'll still be on the street hunting... More to come soon :).
It seems like I am lacking on details about outfits, i'm so sorry about that and i will try to upadte with more details. 


6 comments:

  1. love what you're doing
    the photos are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. so wished i was there too :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg the new sartorialist! you did awesome for a first day on the streets! i have always been conscious of asking strangers. u had a great eye for fashion as well as for people! no matter how fashionable a person you spot, your images wouldnt have been so stunning without spotting the persons with the right attitude. so kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Fashion Clown - Thank you hun :)
    @Swapnil - Don't bail me out next time okay! :P
    @NCG - aww...Thank you love :D

    I'm so excited for next week... you guys has boosted me with more energy hehe, now i am very eager to do more of this!! :D You gave me wings ~✌

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey it's martina (also known as italian girl number 2 LOL) i love the photos you're very good and this blog looks fantastic! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GO BENJU BRO........

    ReplyDelete

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow KARUNA GURUNG PHOTOGRAPHY
blogger hit counter

About Me

My photo
Morden, Surrey, United Kingdom
I do not follow religion, i follow philosophy of art and science!

Followers